Faceloox Contact Lens Safety Guide
Wearing faceloox contact lenses should be a fun and creative experience, but eye health and safety should always be of paramount importance! Ocular health should always be taken seriously, as mishaps can happen when lenses are not cleaned and maintained properly.
Before you even consider purchasing faceloox contact lenses, you should consult an optician or eye health specialist to make sure your eyes are suitable for wearing contacts. Not all eyes are the same as eye shape and possible conditions can affect your ability to wear lenses. It is especially important to consult medical advice if you are intending to wear cosmetic lenses for a prolonged amount of time.
People suffering from the following should not wear our faceloox contact lenses, as these eye conditions may be further irritated by inserting lenses:
- Any eye infections (Such as Conjunctivitis)
- Any corneal conditions (Such as Keratitis)
- Any allergic eye conditions (Such as Hayfever)
- Any chronic disease of the eye (Such as Glaucoma)
Once you have the lenses, you should make sure you understand all the ins and outs of cleaning and maintenance. Make sure you have all the know-how on inserting and removing lenses before you wear! Here are a few dos and don’ts when it comes to faceloox contact lens safety.
- DO consult your optician or eye doctor before wearing/purchasing a pair of our lenses
- DO wash and dry your hands whenever you handle your lenses or attempt insertion/removal
- DO soak your lenses for two hours in solution prior to inserting them into your eye
- DO wash your lenses in solution if they touch anything besides your eyes
- DO keep your lenses case clean and regularly change the eye care solution
- DO remove the contacts before you go to sleep, bathe, shower or partake in water sports
- DO remove the lenses if you feel any unexpected irritation, soreness or notice redness or excessive eye watering.
- DO seek medical advice if you notice any of the conditions mentioned above.
- DO NOT use lenses after the recommended duration (E.g. 1 day, 90 days)
- DO NOT use tap water, saliva or household product to clean the lenses, only the eye care solution
- DO NOT let the contacts come into contact with any cosmetic products i.e. makeup, deodorants, hair sprays
- DO NOT attempt to insert lenses that seem damaged, broken or torn or in any way compromised
- DO NOT insert more than one pair of lenses into your eye at one time
- DO NOT share lenses with another person
Any uncertainties or concerns when using contact lenses should be discussed with an eye care specialist or optician. Ensure you know all the tips and tricks before you get started with a pair of faceloox contact lenses. Above all, make sure you DO have fun wearing our faceloox contact lenses.